So before my babies, I had a pretty nice body. I played sports in HS, and while I wouldn't say that I was always in the best shape ( I have terrible endurance), I always had a nice figure. For the most part, my body went back to how it was after Jackson. Buuut not so much after Amelia. I guess I always just had the excuse in my head that there might be one more baby after her, so that was my excuse to not work harder at shedding the baby weight. But here I am, 26 and at my heaviest. 150 pounds. To be honest, I really don't care what my weight is, but I really would like to get rid of this 'mama gut'. I'd like to tone up all over, and just be proud of my body again. I'd also actually like to get into shape. I HATE running. As I said before, my endurance has never been amazing, so i'd like to improve that.
We have a park right by our house that has a 2.2 mile walking path around a lake. I've been walking that once a week with my friend Tara, and it's always a nice workout! There are hills and I push about 40lbs worth of kids in my double stroller, which is heavy itself. But more than half of it is shaded by big trees so it's enjoyable. And it's nice to have someone to do it with.
I also got myself a membership at Gold's Gym. My friend Tara goes there and she does classes almost every morning. $39/month includes childcare for all 3 kiddos, so it's definitely worth it. We usually go while Jackson is at school, and it gives Amelia a chance for interaction with other kids as well. Today I did a weight lifting class and I definitely felt the burn! It was a nice feeling...kind of. Haha
My goal is to try and go at least 4-5 days a week. I know that eventually i'll probably have to change my eating habits to really lose the weight, but this is a good start. I'm still breastfeeding so i'm not going to get crazy yet. I am going to cut back on my Starbucks Iced Vanilla Macchiattos and try and make my own version at home. One that will have alot less sugar and calories i'm sure.
I'm excited that I actually took the steps to start getting in shape! I can hate the way I look, but if I am just sitting around on my bootie and not doing anything about it, who am I to complain. So here I go!
No comments:
Post a Comment