Well, the title says it all. My 4 1/2 year old is in full time school! Ahhh! When we first moved to GA, a couple people had told me that GA had state-funded pre-k, but often it fills up fast and you have to get on a waiting list. I was okay with just doing regular preschool, I just wanted to get Jackson back into something because he loved his first year. I started looking around our area and found a place right by our house. I went in for a tour and loved it. When I had called the lady had told me that their public Pre-K was full but that we could get on the waiting list and sign up for their private Pre-K. So when I was there touring the facility, I was surprised to hear that they actually had a couple spots open for the Georgia Pre-K! It was their other location that was full. So I signed Jackson up that day!
It was a big difference from what he was in last year. Last year he went two days a week, for 2 1/2 hours. This program was 5 days a week, for 6 1/2 hours!! Crazy! But we only pay $100/month towards food. I just could not pass that up. I was worried that it might be too much for Jackson, but they break up the day pretty well. The kids have an hour of outside play, a 45 min lunch, and an hour of 'rest' time. In addition to their learning and activities of course!
So far Jackson seems to love it! He wakes up in the morning asking if it's time for school yet, and goes to bed at night talking about going the next day. Here are some pictures from his first day!











So cute! :)
ReplyDelete